Welcome to Working with People with Hearing Loss: Mental Health Practitioner Online Training.
This online training has been created to help mental health practitioners recognize the signs of hearing loss and how hearing loss impacts an individual’s emotional health, self-image, relationships, and ability to function in a world that relies on auditory information.
This course focuses on the unique needs, issues and experiences of individuals who:
- Have some degree of hearing loss.
- May or may not accept that they have hearing loss.
- May have undiagnosed hearing loss.
- Do not consider themselves deaf, even if their hearing loss is severe or profound.
- Do not use sign language as their primary way of communicating.
Click the Next link on the bottom or top navigation bars to continue.